End0sc0py + errands


I finally got my endoscopy done earlier this week! I didn’t really take a lot of pics, but I managed to snag a few to go along with all the commentary I have for you (:

Justin and I got our grocery run in before heading out to Fredericksburg on Sunday evening. We popped by my mom’s place and got to see Macy for a bit! Such a cute puppy & so nice to see mama before heading to dad’s. He graciously let us spend the night so we wouldn’t have to get up SUPER early back home to rush out to my 7am appointment on Monday…

The morning of my procedure, we were up at about 5 and left at 6ish to get there somewhat early. We didn’t realize the operation would take place on the bottom floor, so we didn’t get inside til almost 7 o’clock. Luckily, there wasn’t any paperwork to fill out or issues with waiting before I was brought to the back. It was pretty standard after that, they took my weight and height. I was asked a few pre-op questions after I put on the gown and was covered with a very warm blanket. The nurse had some trouble sticking me with the IV, but third time’s a charm! I was rolled into the procedure room and all hooked up to go…

Waking up after was comparable to my wisdom teeth removal- as in, I thought I fell back asleep after drinking the ginger ale they offered me when I came to…even though I didn’t haha but my man was there with me every step of the way (: I’m so grateful for his support and positivity about the entire process. Afterwards, we zoomed over to Sugar Shack for my long-awaited bubble tea, but they were out of bubbles (tapioca pearls)! I just got the tea and it was wonderfully refreshing as I hadn’t had anything to eat since the night before. What was even better was our breakfast at Denny’s ^ I got my usual and Justin got a sandwich that he forgot the second half of in dad’s fridge. Oopsies!

We stopped at the mail house (and also the bank) on the way back to the house. Once there, we washed up for the day & played with the kitties for a while. I love visiting my babies!

Out again! I sold a few items from my Depop shop, so babe helped me box them up and get the labels on- then we were back to the mail house to ship out. It was time to cash a few checks, so back to the bank as well haha dad also asked us to check on his dry cleaning…but it wasn’t quite done yet when we arrived. We were finished with our errands and decided to head home before rush hour would make it take twice as long!

In conclusion, all they really told me was that I have a hiatal hernia that may or may not be causing my attacks/reactions to mainly gluten products (and quinoa for some reason), but they’ll know and explain a lot more when I go back at the end of this month for my follow-up appointment. They took a couple biopsies, so I’m hoping those will give them some more insight on my issues. I’m looking for a solution, but any answers are going to bring me relief.

After going back to work 2 days after, I had minimal heartburn pains throughout the day (which I’m thinking was from the camera probe irritating the hernia), but was otherwise okay. I was put on our schedule for 6 days in a row…which would’ve been fine if they hadn’t made those shifts equal out to almost 50 hours! I actually had to take today off because my ankles were killing me, even when I wasn’t standing/putting pressure on them. Hopefully, after resting today, I’ll be good to go for my all-day shift (open to close) tomorrow and my 9-hour shift Monday before I have a day off again. Glad it gave me the chance to post this though! I’ve got more pics ready for another post to put up soon. I’m also working on compiling my favorites for this month already. They’re on deck (:

22 thoughts on “End0sc0py + errands

  1. I am glad that it all went okay and I hope that your results will give you the answers that you are looking for:) And good luck with work, I don’t blame you for taking time off as 50 hours sounds intense!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Haha yeah, I ask for 30-35 per week (7 days) and they scheduled me 6 days over the weekend that totaled in 47 hours…guess they didn’t noticed since it was technically two separate weeks. Thank you for your comment (:


  2. I’m glad it all went as it should. ๐Ÿ™‚ And again, again, again- you guys look adorable together ๐Ÿ˜€ I know I say this under every single post, but It’s true! Not gonna lie, though, the kitty and doggo make a strong competition in being cute, but you won this time. XX

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Iโ€™m glad your operation went smoothly! Hopefully they figure out for sure what it is soon for you! You guys look cute, as always โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ and so are the animals – adorable! Also I donโ€™t blame you for taking a day off work. I hate when work drives up your hours back to back like that. Itโ€™s a tad too much sometimes

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s